The Friend Theory family is expanding!
We are looking for an ambitious engineer wanting to make a real impact and join us on our mission to enable anyone to find a friend, anywhere in the world.
About the role:
Founded in Melbourne and based in Barcelona, Friend Theory is a social network that enables you to find a friend who can help you anywhere in the world. We do this by making it easy and fun to reach out to your network of friends, friends of friends, and community members so you can ask and help your network with anything you need, from tips, to exchanging information, or sharing experiences through a meetup.
You will be joining a tight and efficient 4 people team where your role will be leading the backend development of Friend Theory where you’ll be able to do what you do best: build software, and build fast. Ideally, you will be based in Barcelona but will have the flexibility to set your own hours and work remotely if you need.
If you have a craving for startups, entrepreneurship and working on an international context with a very ambitious mindset, make sure to reach out and don’t miss out on this opportunity 🙂
Your main responsibilities will be:
– Create the data models required to support the Friend Theory products
– Develop the Friend Theory REST API according to new features needs
– Maintain and improve existing API code base where required
– Ensure software engineering best practices are followed
– Create a test plan for the API, and implement it
– Externalise some code currently in the API code base to run
– Assist with Web/Mobile front-end development if required
Skills we are excited about:
– JAVA development
– Spring Boot
– Relational databases
– Graph databases, graph theory
Nice to have:
– Experience working with Agile methodology
– Data science
– Cloud computing
– Machine learning
– Knowledge of Dart, Flutter, Mobile apps development
– Experience working with mobile video/audio streaming